If you love to have puppy or kitten at home, then definitely you all would be familiar with challenges associated with trying to remove pet odor and stain from the carpet. Fortunately, there are many ways to clean house, like you can train your pet not to harm your property.
Pet accidents are obvious when animals live in your home. it is always vital to clean up immediately, in order to avoid permanent carpet stains.
If your pet urinates on the carpet you should act as fast as possible. Quickly grab a paper towel or rags to soak up as much of the mess as you can. The longer you wait to remove the pet urine, the more rancid the odor will turn. Repeat this process with fresh layers of absorbent materials until the moisture is completely lifted. Once you have the area as dry as possible, follow the remaining 10 steps:
- Make a solution with 50% white vinegar and 50% warm water.
- Use the solution all over the stain.
- Apply the vinegar mixture on the soiled area using a brush.
- Blot using fresh paper napkins or clean cloths.
- Vacuum the excessive moisture.
- Sprinkle some baking soda over the damp area.
- Mix a half cup of 3% hydrogen peroxide with a teaspoon of dishwashing liquid.
- Pour the solution slowly over the baking soda.
- Mix the wet and dry components together and use a brush to scrub it into the carpet.
- Once the area has dried completely, then vacuum.
It is quite easy to locate pet feces in the house; the offensive odor will locate the area quickly. Once you have located, manually remove as much of the excrement as possible. If the mess is wet, use damp towels or some sort of scraper to remove it from your carpet. Remember to gently scrape up the stain to avoid driving it further into the carpet fiber. Follow the remaining steps to eliminate the remainder of the feces:
- Try to eliminate the stain using a carpet cleaner or a heavy-duty clothing stain remover solution. Make sure you allow the commercial solution to penetrate deep into the fibers and scrub using a wet soapy cloth or brush. Repeat the process until the stain will get removed completely.
- Take a cup and make a mixture of white vinegar and one cup warm water then saturate the stain.
- Use paper towels or cloths to make it dry.
- Sprinkle an ample amount of baking soda over the area and leave it to sit overnight. Now, Vacuum the powder in the morning.
Make sure you don’t use a steam cleaner to eliminate a feces stain from carpets; the heat may permanently set in the odor and the pet stain.
Are you still have a doubt that does vinegar removes urine odor?
Then the answers is yes. Let us tell you why, vinegar is an acidic solution of about 4 on the ph scale. What vinegar does is, it break down alkaline compounds. Fresh urine is also an acidic compound and so putting vinegar on a fresh urine spot has no real value. The one exception is when you use vinegar and baking powder together to create a bubbling foaming effect that can be effective in foaming the urine from the carpets.
If you need some professional help call Xtreme cleaning. We provide dog and cat odor removal in San Marcos and nearby areas. Xtreme cleaning professionals have years of experience in pet odor removal and are providing pet odor removal service in San Marcos for years. Call us today to grab the best pet odor removal service offers.