Do you love to have a puppy or kitten at home? If yes, then definitely you would be familiar with the challenges associated with removing pet odor and stain from the carpet. Pet accidents are obvious and it is necessary to clean them immediately. This way it can avoid permanent carpet stains.
It is easy to clean the urine, but it is hard to make a urine odor-free carpet area. Isn’t it? So, learn how vinegar is helpful to remove pet urine odor in this blog.
Steps To Remove Urine Odor From Carpet
If your pet urinates on the carpet you should act as fast as possible. Quickly grab a paper towel or rags to soak up as much of the mess as you can. The longer you wait to remove the pet urine, the more rancid the odor will turn.
Repeat this process with fresh layers of absorbent materials until the moisture is completely lifted. Once you have the area as dry as possible, follow the remaining 10 steps:
- Make a solution with 50% white vinegar and 50% warm water.
- Use the solution all over the stain.
- Apply the vinegar mixture on the soiled area using a brush.
- Blot using fresh paper napkins or clean cloths.
- Vacuum the excessive moisture.
- Sprinkle some baking soda over the damp area.
- Mix half a cup of 3% hydrogen peroxide with a teaspoon of dishwashing liquid.
- Pour the solution slowly over the baking soda.
- Mix the wet and dry components and use a brush to scrub it into the carpet.
- Once the area has dried completely, then vacuum.
Do You Still Have Doubts Whether Vinegar Removes Urine Odor?
If your answer is yes, then learn why vinegar is an acidic solution of about 4 on the ph scale. What vinegar does is break down alkaline compounds. Fresh urine is also an acidic compound and so putting vinegar on a fresh urine spot has no real value.
The one exception is when you use vinegar and baking powder together, it creates a bubbling foaming effect. This is effective to foam the urine from the carpets.
Need Professional Help?
If you are looking for the professional pet odor removal services near San Marcos, CA location, Xtreme cleaning is the ultimate choice. Our professionals have years of experience in pet odor removal by using the latest tools and technologies. To book your appointment, call us at 760-613-8546. Also, follow our Facebook and Twitter social pages to know more tricks of pet urine odor removal.