No one likes it when someone tells you that your house is smelling like a dog. Although you consider your pet as an important member of the family but do not like the way he makes your home smell. Even, when it comes to selling the property, this could be a deal-breaker. So do you know how to get rid of dog smell in the house?
Here are some essential ways that can help you eliminate the unpleasant pet odor in your home.
Tips on How to Get Rid of Dog Smell in The House
Start With Vacuuming
No matter how properly or how frequently the cleaning is done, pet’s fur and dander can get be caught anywhere. It could be carpets, furniture, and even fabric window covering.
- First, vacuum the floors, stairs and every area including the upholstery furniture and window coverings in the house.
- Then sprinkle some baking soda all over the carpets, rugs, and upholstered surfaces. The leave it for a couple of hours and then vacuum it again. Baking soda is great at neutralizing the trapped odors, just as it does when use to eliminate funky smells from the refrigerator.
- After a few hours vacuum it again.
Open The Windows & Let The Sunlight and Fresh Air Come in
You should use this method for upholstery furniture, throw rugs or any portable fabric-covered items.
- Take the items in an open area and make them expose to the sun rays and to get fresh air. A clothesline is a great way to avoid bugs and expose the piece to the wind.
- Leave them in an open area on a non-humid day. The sunrays and airflow will help to eliminate many odors stuck in the fabric.
Locate the Source of the Stench
Urine odors are the most common issues in the home with pets and carpet. If you cannot locate the source of the stench, grab a handheld black light after the dusk and have a walk through the room.
Make sure that the room light is off. The black light will help you reveal the urine spots and potential problem areas that need deep cleaning. For cleaning the stains you can use store-bought odor removal. But if you prefer to make a pet odor removal cleaning solution by yourself at home, that’s also fine.
Steam Clean the Carpet
Once all the dry particles and urine particles are removed, you need to steam clean the entire carpet area. This will reduce the bad odor from the surface. Once the steam cleaning process is done, make sure the carpet is dry.
Steam carpet cleaning is the answer to your question “how to get rid of dog smell in the house?”. Moreover, if you are not confident with the DIY method, you can also call in the carpet cleaning professional to help you.
Invest in a Good Air Purifier
An air purifier will pull the debris and dander from the air in your home, which will help you home air smelling better. There are lots of air purifiers available but it would be much better if you select one that is great with pet odors.
Investing in high-quality air purifiers will not only filter the air but also kill the bacteria and fungi in the air too. This will cut down the odor related issues. Moreover, this will also prevent your family and your pet from getting sick as often.
Get in touch to know more about how to get rid of dog smell in the house?
When you are looking for quality carpet cleaning in San Marcos at affordable rates, look no further than Xtreme Cleaning Services. Our professionals are highly trained and certified by the industry experts and use the most effective method to eliminate pet odor.