Limestone is a dense and sedimentary type of rock that is made from the bones and shells of ocean-dwelling organisms. Limestone is a suitable rock to be placed on countertops, floors and other types of tiled surfaces. The limestone floors can be resurfaced again by grinding, honing and polishing to it. However, limestone requires less effort in polishing compared to marble or granite.
Besides considering how to polish limestone floors, they require regular cleaning and maintenance. So, learn about cleaning and polishing the limestone flooring in 6 easy steps here.
6 Easy Steps on How to Polish Limestone Floors
- pH neutral stone cleaner
- A bucket filled with water
- Hand polisher, 7-inch variable speed (600-3000 rpm)
- 3000-grit diamond pad
- Also, 11000-grit diamond pad
Warning: While polishing the limestone, wear eye and hand protection.
- Wash the limestone floors with a pH neutral stone cleaner with the help of a sponge. Rinse the floor surface with water.
- Polish the limestone surface with a hand polisher set at a low speed by using a 3000-grit diamond pad. Rotate the polisher counterclockwise in an oval pattern for 15 to 30 seconds.
- Check the floor surface to see if it has achieved the desired level of polish. If not, then repeat step 2 again. Keep the limestone floors slightly wet. Start polishing in overlapping sections of 4 to 6 inches.
- Remove the 3000-grit diamond pad. Rinse the surface with water using a sponge.
- Add an 11000-grit diamond pad to the polisher. Repeat steps 2 and 3 again with an 11000-grit diamond pad. Then remove it and rinse the surface with water.
- After cleaning with water, leave the surface to air dry completely.
Note: Clean your limestone flooring regularly with pH stone cleaner to maintain its shiny look.
Looking For Professional Limestone Restoration Service?
Are you anxious about how to polish limestone floors by own? If you do not how to use hand polisher usage and other equipment, then limestone polishing becomes tough. Besides that, if you are looking to hire the professional limestone restoration service in San Marcos, CA location, Xtreme Cleaning is the best choice.
Our professionals have years of experience in cleaning and polishing all types of stones restoring their natural beauty back. Call us at 760-613-8546, to book your appointment. Follow our Twitter & Facebook pages to know more tips on polishing different types of stones.