Often people get confused about different carpet cleaning techniques. Hiring the professionals to help you know how to clean carpet and their process. Steam carpet cleaning (known as hot water extraction) and dry cleaning are the two popular methods for cleaning carpets.
Carpet cleaning methods comparison will solve all your doubts on deciding which method is best for your dirty carpets. Let us know the truth about the best carpet cleaning method in consumer reports in 2019.
Steam Carpet Cleaning or Dry Cleaning Method: Which is Best for You?
- First, let us clear the myth about using steam in cleaning the carpets. While home and other commercial machines use hot water, which gives off the steam, the steam itself does not clean the carpet.
- Steam cleaning rental means you don’t have to wait for long. Either you can hire professionals for quality carpet cleaning services or go for carpet cleaning rental. With steam cleaning your carpet yourself you only need hot water, rented a machine and detergent. It takes 12 to 24 hours to dry your carpet.
- Dry carpet cleaning takes almost no drying time. This method provides effective cleaning results using chemical agents, application solutions, and a dry carpet cleaning machine. How to dry clean carpet at home? You can sprinkle baking soda on the top of wet carpet and once the water absorbs, clear it with a vacuum cleaner.
- With steam carpet cleaning, ground-in stains reappear in the first few days. But this is not the issue when you hire professional carpet cleaning services using commercial solutions to remove pet stains or chemical stains.
- The chemicals used in the dry cleaning method are very harsh. Thus, you can get in touch with a commercial cleaning company and ask about their carpet cleaning products and machines.
Overall, dry carpet cleaning covers no soaps or detergents, no sticky residue and resists soiling, low water quantity, low-pressure application, short drying time 1-2 hours, green solutions and it is a healthier cleaning method.
Steam cleaning covers, harsh chemicals, and detergent, sticky residue encourages re-soiling, high water quantity, high-pressure application, long drying time 1-2 days and much more. Here, excessive water can cause the growth of mold, mildew, spreading health diseases.
Don’t Waste Your Money On Inefficient Cleaning Methods
Hire one of the best carpet cleaning service providers in San Marcos known as Xtreme Cleaning. We help you clean dirty carpets using the best cleaning method efficiently. No matter how hard is the stain and dust contaminants in the carpet fiber, we help you remove it all. Having over 15 years of experience in the cleaning industry, we help you fulfill all your carpet cleaning needs in San Marcos and nearby areas. To know more about our cleaning services, contact us at 760-613-8546.